The sustainability of “dry” structures
Sustainability is a very broad concept which involves many aspects of the life of buildings: from the process of creating the components to their on-site assembly, from the life of the building while in use right through to its demolition.
Sustainability thus does not end with the notion of energy saving; its definition and achievement are much more complex, involving a series of aspects which must include the construction process, caretaking of the building and its final conversion or demolition.
Contemporary architecture in Italy is finally - and enthusiastically - focussing on the use of building systems with a high technology content to meet the functional and aesthetic requirements of projects, and to fulfil organisational and management needs during the process of construction. In this regard metallic dry prefabrication has come to take on a fundamental role thanks to the excellent results achieved by the systems, by the materials available on the market and by execution and assembly techniques.
The term "dry" construction in fact identifies the use during the construction phase of materials and components which have been prefabricated using an industrialised process. Thus, and compared to traditional methods which involved veritable on-site "production" processes (reinforced concrete structures, floor slabs with beams, masonry, brick walls, etc.), perfect dovetailing of the finished building with pre-established requirements at the planning stage can be ensured, with a number of important advantages:
- Minute planning and control of the construction process and use of quality materials and components which are guaranteed and certified.
- Reduced costs and building schedules which exactly meet estimates.
- Complete conceptual freedom in architectural planning in terms of forms, geometries and requirements.
- Shorter site schedules (and consequent reduction of costs) and less on-site infrastructure with reduction of site impact on surrounding urban context.
- Reduction of foundation work given lighter nature of structures.
- Reduction of load allows broader spans between pillars and consequent increase of internal spaces and greater ductility.
- Achievement of ambitious and certifiable objectives for thermal and acoustic insulation and fire protection needs with elimination of thermal and acoustic bridges in the building.
- Capacity to integrate with technological networks, rendering mechanical and electrical systems installed easy to inspect and accessible, and executed in accordance with precise and pre-established routing, without the usual on-site variations and imprecision and without the need for demolition.
- Complete compliance, without any additional cost, with new anti-seismic requirements (Ministerial Decree 14/09/2005).
- Results of projects are more durable and require less maintenance (almost none in most cases).
- Maximum executive flexibility and facility for any alterations of spaces, expansions or changes in the function of the building or of any parts thereof.
- Lowering of building demolition costs, rendering them highly recyclable.
The solutions offered by the Pre Metal Group are fully compatible with the notion of sustainable building. In particular, their compliance with LEED standards and the chief systems of environmental certification for buildings facilitates loan approval.
Loan approval simple in accordance with LEED 2009 ITALIA "New Constructions"
SS5.1 - SS6.1 - SS6.2 - SS7.2 - EA1 - EA2 - MR1.1 - MR2 - MR3 - MR4 - MR5 - MR6 - QI4.1 - QI4.2 - QI4.3 - QI4.4 - QI7.1 - QI8.1 - QI8.2 - IP (Pilot loans for efficient planning of the life-cycle of the building and seismically dissipative systems)
What we offer
We offer cooperation and consultation to building designers and Customers in identifying the building systems and components most suitable for satisfying the aesthetic, functional and economic requirements for a given project, paying particular attention to integration of elements and executive planning.
We draw up technical and economic proposals and dedicated estimates for the execution of sustainable buildings offering "turnkey solutions" or solutions for individual parts of buildings.